Intended for novices in the PCST field, this is a brief list of resources for the academic study of public communication of science and technology (PCST) with a focus on the international level and Germany.
PCST Archive of abstracts and full papers: A searchable database of contributions to conferences and symposia of the International Network for the Public Communication of Science and Technology (PCST), 1989-2016.
Major scientific journals in the PCST field
- Public Understanding of Science (PUS) – Sage
- Science Communication – Sage
- Journal of Science Communication (JCOM) – Sissa
Handbooks, encyclopedias, anthologies & special issues
- Bucchi, M., & Trench, B. (Eds.). (2014). Routledge Handbook of Public Communication of Science and Technology (2nd ed.). London: Routledge.
- Hornig Priest, S. (Ed.) (2010). Encyclopedia of Science and Technology Communication (Vol. 1 & 2). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), Volume 110, Supplement 3, 20 August 2013.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), Volume 111, Supplement 4, 16 September 2014.
Professional networks, associations & mailing lists
International Network for the Public Communication of Science and Technology (PCST)
- PCST website
- PCST network discussion list – open to all
- PCST members discussion list – open to PCST members
- PCST postgraduate researchers discussion list – open to young PCST researchers
- PCST on Twitter
- PCST on Facebook
- Next PCST Conference: 4-6 April 2018, Dunedin, New Zealand
Fachgruppe “Wissenschaftskommunikation” der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Publizistik und Kommunikationswissenschaft (DGPuK) / Section “Science Communication” of the German Association of Media and Communication Research
PSCI-COM, a UK-based “lively” discussion list about public engagement with science and technology
Wissjour, a German mailing list focusing on science journalism and science PR (German-speaking)